Dr Fulminare Bandijcat Noctule Bat

sidekickbooks

Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday Review: James Brookes' Sins of the Leopard

posted by the Judge

Sunday again, and I've just got time enough to post this review before I pack my bags (I'm moving to Birmingham). I am reviewing 'Sins of the Leopard' by James Brookes. It's a stupendous book, and the sins of the leopard are of course those of bad taste in dress and the use of foul language, which leopards famously indulge in (see pic).

The collection was actually supposed to be entitled 'Since there's a Leopard', in reference to the fact that Brookes used to work right outside of a zoo and was unable to write because the big cats kept mieowing, but apparently it was changed into the catchier 'Sins of the Leopard' by his editors. I have no idea how they're going to edit his upcoming second collection ('That gelatinous platypus'), but I'm sure they'll come up with something equally good.

Seriously though. This collection kicked my ass. If you're not going to read the review, do yourself a favour and read the book.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?